Useful links to help you with your IT requirements at Northwestern Polytechnical University
You are responsible for any actions taken using your login details; therefore it is important to keep your username and password secure. For security reasons we do not recommend writing your password down. If you choose to do so, please ensure it is not clear that it relates to University systems (this reduces the risk should be found by anyone).
What to do if you have a problem? If you are having problems retrieving your IT credentials using the link above or needing advice on registration please contact the International Office on Tel: +86(0)29 88492721 or Information Center on Tel: +86(0)29 88494315
ACCESS TO INTERNET
Wireless network is available to students across campus.
1. Join the NWPU-WLAN network
2. Open a web browser; your device will be redirected to a configuration page.
3. Enter your student ID and password. Then click login button
Wired network is available in on-campus dorms and apartments, you can connect to the high-speed NPU network using an Ethernet cable.
1. Download the authentication program named “锐捷客户端”
2. Open the “RuijieSupplicant” , you may need select language type (语言) as English, for the user enter your University student ID. Then for the password enter your online account password. Click Connect.
Internet Account Activation
All students at the NPU are provided with the free intranet access. Please note that you must activate your online account before you access the internet.
1. Simply set your computing device to search for NWPU_WLAN WIFI network.
2. Open a browser and navigate to http://portal.nwpu.edu.cn
3. In the username field, enter your student ID number
4. In the password field, enter your ID password
Note: Initial password was the same as your student ID
5. In the security code field, enter four-digit numbers as shown in the picture
6. Click login button
7. There is a link named “点此进行上网账号激活” at the left of the webpage for setting up your internet account.
8. You will be prompted for setting up your Internet password: enter the new password, re-enter the password and click the confirm button.
9. Once your account has been initiated, you can access to http://self.nwpu.edu.cn change password, check your balance and system log. If you need transfer money into your account, please ask help for the ONE CENTER (on the ground floor of the west building )
Note: If you are using wired network connection, please download the authentication program named “锐捷客户端” @ http://dwz.cn/1HZQs3
Note: If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact with please contact with International Office on Tel: +86(0)29 88492721
Check the balance /Network flow/ Change password
1. Open a browser and navigate to http://self.nwpu.edu.cn
2. Enter your student ID, password and security code.
3. Click “登陆” button
Change data packet
1. Open a browser and navigate to http://yuyue.nwpu.edu.cn/
2. Enter your student ID, full name, passport ID and security code.
3. Click “登陆” button
Create Email Account
1. Open the webpage on http://mail.nwpu.edu.cn. Change the language as English. Click Register Now.
2. Choose your identity as student(学生). Then fill up the forms. Click “注册” button to complete the registration.
3. Once you finished registration please do not forget to choose the domain as “mail.nwpu.edu.cn” when login the email service.
You can change your email password on the Email page.
If you have forgotten your email password, or it has expired, you can reset it via Email provided you have previously set up an email security question.
If you have not set up a security question, or have forgotten the answer, you will need to come Information Center we need check your identity then help you reset your password.
NPU offers VPN service to connect to the campus network from and off-campus location. By connecting to the intranet from a remote location you can access to access to all the resources that you could have from the campus.
1. Open a browser and navigate to https://vpn.nwpu.edu.cn. Your browser may prompting a security alert. Choose the option “Continue to this website (not recommended)” to the next page.
2. For the “用户名” enter your student ID. Then for the “密码” enter the vpn password (Initial password was the same as your student ID). Click “登陆” button.
Directions to Information Center
The Information Center is open Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m during term time.
The Information Center will be open over the holidays, but we will be operating reduced hours. Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.